Friday, August 10, 2012

oops...

My neighbor came over to swim with her students this week. I love this woman and she is a good friend. She is Christian in a way that makes me realize that indulging in my dirty mouth doesn't feel right, and so I edit my trucker-self around her. It isn't that we can't be friends, but she is more fundamentally religious, and I know this.

The morning of the swim party, I took a few minutes to myself and had a nice cup-a-joe while sitting on the chaise in the backyard. It was a lovely morning and I was glad that I could open my house for my friend and her students from the private Christian school nearby. I didn't go to the party because it was just for her teachers and the fifth graders. As I watched them frolicking, I smiled knowing it was a nice gesture by sharing my pool. It was a beautiful morning until I realized that I had left something sinister on the back table.


oops.

No comments:

Post a Comment