Friday, June 27, 2014

#cancergivesback



Yesterday was my last chemo after three years of treatment. From Don King to Bob Marley to Princess Leia, to the Geisha girl to the cueball.... it's been a wild ride.  I hope the cancer in my belly doesn't come back, but going through this has changed my life. I am no longer worried about dying. At all. So.Weird.

I am far more concerned about the way I live my life. I am no longer a fan of organized religion. I have seen far too much hypocrisy in those people who get on their knees and pray for everything holy including their prayers for you and for me, but won't even do you a damn favor or bring you a glass of water when you are thirsty. I seriously don't think this is what Jesus meant when he walked on the water and led you into opening those expensive churches. Some days I wonder if He is the one who shudders. I'll stay home with my Bible all by myself, thank you.

I live with the spirit that's been nurtured inside me and know that all that is holy lives there. I am  visiting Earth, and see now that I get a very short time here. I will continue all of my days doing the right thing, trying to have decent intent and love in all that I do. I don't care at all how long I'm here. I see so many people being fearful of their death. They shudder because they are alone and selfish. Be afraid if you live with evil intent towards others because at the end of your days you will feel like ordering a shit sandwich on rye toast. Hold the mercy.

As you prepare to die, look back upon your life and dwell on the beautiful, joyful and happy treatment you had towards others. It's not too late. If you are in my particular life right now, and are dragging me into your evilness, nasty attitude and pettiness, be prepared to have me slowly but methodically run from away you. You are not worth the small moments I have left to share in the gift of the beauty I see. If you envision the glass half empty, get out. If you can't do your neighbor a favor, begin to wonder why. Is life ALL about you? Really?

I've been through hell and back in more ways than one, and rarely complain about it. You know why?Because cancer is the best damn thing that ever happened to me. #cancergivesback

"Be the change you want too see in the world... " Mahatma Gandhi




No comments:

Post a Comment