Monday, November 28, 2011

Rub-a-dub


I made a decision today to go back to work. I have no intention of killing myself with it, but want to give massages to cancer patients going through chemo. Also, I decided that I can't paint, play the piano, watch movies all day, and wait for the cancer-bomb to burst by belly apart again. The problem is that I, folks, am a bit of a firecracker, and I need to be overly stimulated and/or do something for other people to make me happy. I am going to give two free massages a week and start a support group for chemo patients at the studio.

What the heck was massage about? Honestly, I was driven to do it and I never knew why. Now that I feel better, I know. When I was going through chemo, getting massage was the only relief for me. My body ached everywhere and there was no reprieve except for massage or a hot bath. Even in the bath, I couldn't make the water hot enough to make the pain go away. I'm a pretty tough broad, but agony isn't such a pretty picture. Though it all was beyond the brink of horrible, those massages were just too expensive. Being touched in a gentle but fluid manner was an indescribable elixir during chemo and so, I am going to give free massages. Feeling good should be free, not $85.00 plus a hefty tip. It's something I can do... between spoiling myself rotten and working out in the gym like a farm animal, that is.

In the words of Martha Stewart, "it's a good thing."


No comments:

Post a Comment