Sunday, March 11, 2012

Minus nine, baby!

I've lost nine inches in my waist which seems like some kind of exaggeration, but the more I think about it... my old doctor needs to have an adjustment with a sharp implement inside one of his darker orifices. Does he have any clue what he has done to me for the last ten years with his ignorance?

Best news is, I have the good cancer that (apparently) you can manage. Yeah... that sounds about as fun as managing root canals and toenail extractions every few months without novocaine. No matter. I have so much ADHD that I forget that I have cancer and go along my merry way with few meltdowns other than (still) having the strangest body. I am still working on my waist so I began yoga. I hate it. I mean I hate it so much that I dread it. I don't actually go to a studio for fear of making a fool out of myself, but decided on the Sadie Nardini tapes (oops CDs) instead at home. I like groaning alone and stopping when I feel like it. Pressure from skinny forty-somethings isn't my aim nor is personal humiliation.

I adore how it makes me feel. I am convinced now that I am a body builder (that is before I get on the scale and look at my actual reflection) but I am stronger than I have ever been. I gave a massage to a lady last week who said her husband had NHL and was on the same chemo cocktail last year. He can't get out of bed yet. hmmm.

I haven't decided whether it is my talent for forgetfulness or just that I am the strongest woman in America. I feel great. I work out every day, eat green, stay off processed foods and have eliminated sugar. I refuse to dump booze and coffee so they will have to put me in restraints for that one. I only drink on the weekends so that is a plus. I switched to decaf.

So this morning it was downward dog for me, fists of fire with a few grunts and groans. I despise every minute of it but (knowing me) I will be teaching it along with Tai Chi in a few years. Ommmmmmmm.

I truly do live in my own little dream world. Illusions of grandeur. That's it.



Sadie and I are now Twitter friends. Just get cancer. *Anyone will talk to you*

No comments:

Post a Comment