Thursday, October 11, 2012

quiet down.

Do as I say, not as I do. I tell strangers stuff they don't need to know, talk when I get nervous, talk when people make me uncomfortable, and (just generally) talk too damn much. I am learning now something that I wish I had known years ago.

Silence has power.
Silence keeps them guessing.
Silence... is golden.

  I didn't write that last one.

If only I had known. I guess it is never too late to stfu. I'm practicing as of late, and I like it. Problem is: people think I am mad when I stfu, which is funny. You teach people how to treat you, and I've taught many people not to respect me because of my need to tell them all the bad things about myself before they figure it out on their own.

I'm learning. I get chemo in November and I am telling no one except my closest peeps. I have so few friends... and the ones I do have are dropping like flies.

I have found that most people are simply not worth my time. Quietly, I am loving the company of myself.

sorry



Silence like a cancer grows...

No comments:

Post a Comment