Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Hi ya ya ya....



Listen very carefully. This (very) young woman cleverly took a Native American beat and spinned it into a golden moment for us all. Everyone likes it because it is different than anything else, and so soulful sounding and heartfelt. I've asked everyone I know and they think I'm crazy, but if you listen to the driving Apache beat at the beginning and the progression..all you need is lyrics like Hi yayaya, Hi yayaya, hiyahiya, hiyayaya to put you on the reservation... not to mention the minor key (sounds like Bm), the second verse and thennnn the bridge. Holy schneikes... I'm right, dammit.

Or better yet, sing this Adele song to this beat and you'll get it.


Okay, maybe I'm in my own little world here. Going to have a glass of wine at the PowWow with Tonto tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment