Tuesday, October 25, 2011

TWO WEEKS

Excerpt from my book. It will be on Amazon.com in 2-3 weeks. Woop.



I don’t know who I am anymore. I transport myself virtually as if I’m flying over countries I’ve never visited. I fret over uncertainties and dwell on mindless details. I corner strangers on the street with hyperactive conversation after only one cup of coffee. I find this planet absurd yet extraordinary, and am gripped with anxiety that life is fleeting knowing my time to make my mark is far too short. I obsess over leaving this earth after making a difference somehow, even in the line at the grocery store. I stay up at night worrying about lost children who aren’t my own, people being buried alive under earthquake rubble, my daughter driving alone at night, mother cows crying for their babies, and my family members drowning in my pool when they aren’t even anywhere in the state. It’s exhausting.


I refuse to waste precious time reflecting on who the next neighborhood watch co-chair will be, whether or not my diamond ring is polished, or the amount of dust that thrives on my bedroom ceiling-fan when life seems so unfair to so many. Why do I feel compelled to think I can rise above suburban complacency, unearth my potential of greatness, and appreciate the sheer power of my bizarre eccentricities when even finding a decent crease-color for my eye shadow is beyond my capacity? I am so in love with this strange, wonderful, brilliant and scary world that I am in awe. Am I the only one who stares out into the starry sky at night and wonders where in the hell we are?

No comments:

Post a Comment