Monday, July 25, 2011

Depressed?

Okay - that was the last 2 weeks. I have decided to get over myself and move on. I feel terrific. Lost 25 lbs, and feel like I'm 40. I swam 50 laps and another 20 in a larger pool today. I played with the grands all day in the pool, and didn't even want to go home.

If I am dying I am not going to die in a bad mood. That just seems useless and a waste of valuable time. I trust my doctor, my blood pressure is 112/63 and I could run a few miles if it weren't for blowing out my ankle a few years ago.

I haven't indulged myself in self-pity for the last 6 months. I have been on the internet too much over the last 2 weeks and have been super depressed as I read the odds of getting past the next 10 years with this disease of mine. Exercise, to me, is the key to depression. I know this, and yet I sit on my butt and continue to worry about the future. Stupid.

I am bone tired tonight because I was running around all day long. I feel terrific and am glad to be alive. Woop. Woop.

2 comments:

  1. Woop! Woop! Indeed!! You go girl! I'm so happy you're feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, when in doubt, hit the excercise button. Whenever I've been down, getting into some kind of shape has been the answer to many of life's woes. Keep at it, because I think your body listens to your mind as well as the other way round.

    Chin up, bikini on.

    jon.

    ReplyDelete