Saturday, June 9, 2012

grands slam...

I deleted the "low kidney function" blog. Okay, this is what old age is all about: talking about your colonoscopy, your great/bad blood pressure, your kidney function and your arthritic issues. I'm over this nonsense. I am trying so hard to move forward but this experience keeps me tied into the worry somehow. This chemo doesn't quit with the new symptoms arising daily.  I'm not afraid, but they swarm around me like bees on honey.

Apparently, my kids think I'm "just fine" and asked me to babysit my grandsons in Chicago, so that is what I am going to do for the week.

God help me. I'm deciding between Gewurtztraminer or a decent Zinfandel after they go to bed. Ah, forget it. I'll just take the Jack. I must remember to hide the bottle from myself after one drink. 6AM comes far too quickly.


Baby Love, circa 1964

No comments:

Post a Comment