Sunday, March 17, 2013

tude...

I'm in awe with the attitude of most people who are diagnosed with disease.

i.e.

I hate God.
I'm pissed at the world.
I'm going to die.
I'm going to dwell on the negative.
I'm going to Google all the worst shit about my disease.
I'm going to be a big downer.
I'm going to have a pity party and invite guests who have to listen to me bitch.
I'm scared to death now... all day long.
I dream about my funeral.
I stop exercising because I am so sick in my head that my body won't work.
I'm angry.
I make my family feel like crap over my disease.

or...

I choose to live within a joyful framework.
I feel that my life has been changed for the better.
I appreciate my people so much more.
I make goals.
I research only positive things about my disease like new research in order to empower myself.
I exercise to the point of excess because I love the endorphins and serotonin released in my brain.
I choose to have nice people in my life who soothe my emotional state.
I eliminate the presence of assholes.
I honor my higher power by living a loving life.
I help others.
I learn something new every day, even if it is two bars of a difficult piano piece.
I empower myself with good nutrition.
I don't mention my cancer to my family very often.
I dwell on living, and not on dying.

We are all going to die. I'm not particularly interested as to the when or the how for myself.

Go ahead and pray for me. It won't matter... because I am going to be happy about every minute I'm here whether you do or whether you don't.

Sally Out.



No comments:

Post a Comment