Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Ambien for sleeping...

yes, another drug for sleeping got me through the night... this drug world is soooo not me. Side effects:

Diarrhea; dizziness; drowsiness (including daytime drowsiness); "drugged" feeling; dry mouth; headache; nausea; nose or throat irritation; sluggishness; stomach upset; weakness.

SEVERE side effects occur when using Ambien:

Severe allergic reactions (rash; hives; itching; difficulty breathing; tightness in the chest; swelling of the hands, legs, mouth, face, lips, eyes, throat, or tongue; throat closing; unusual hoarseness); abnormal thinking; behavior changes; chest pain; confusion; decreased coordination; difficulty swallowing or breathing; fainting; fast or irregular heartbeat; hallucinations; memory problems (eg, memory loss); mental or mood changes (eg, aggression, agitation, anxiety); new or worsening depression; severe dizziness; shortness of breath; suicidal thoughts or actions; vision changes.

*What pill do I take for the anxiety knowing Ambien could intensify what I've already got? At least it doesn't cause the 48 hour erection. I'm so relieved now.*


Lost a total of 6 1/2" in my waist. Are you kidding me?






2 comments:

  1. Hey Sally, Had to laugh out loud at that last post. My Dr. just started me on Lyrica for severe nerve pain. I was reluctant because of all of the possible side effects too. I'm very drug sensitive. Started on the lowest dose they make and by the time I started to experience the one side effect that my body decided to have my husband was out at a meeting. I was high as a kite. I mean that even in college I never experienced anything like that. Of course, that was more than a little frightening and I felt someone should know so...I called my daughter. That first dose hit my body so hard it wasn't funny. Next day I took it at night time to see if that would make a difference. Nope! It has helped significantly with the pain but I need to see if my body will adjust to it or I have to stop taking it. High is one thing but that high...I don't know. Next dose will be taken just before slipping into my sheets at night. Maybe I can sleep through the high. Oh by the way, at least I wasn't halucinating - that's one of the side effects too. Thank God for small favors.
    Hope chemo2 is going well. I love that your waist is shrinking so rapidly. That has to feel good in your headspace right now.
    Just keep fighting the good fight and know that I still have a candle burning for you. All white light energy coming your way, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sally,
    This is Pam from our t.com community. Just wanted to let you know, I've been thinking of you and check your blog just about everyday for updates. I'm proud of your fighting spirit!!!

    ReplyDelete