Monday, August 13, 2012

tennis...

I go in for the big check-up on Wednesday and am not looking forward to it. I do fine as long as I don't have to think about having cancer, but if I dwell too much on it I get the creeps. I did cardio tennis today with a bunch of mean girls who were my daughter's age. I killed it in the tennis department but getting to the damn ball was another thing entirely. I don't think the mean girls were aware of just how much these dreadly chemicals do to your energy level - not to mention, I am an unhealthy senior citizen who insists on not being sick. I am not myself and will be taking a long nap this afternoon.

I felt old and foolish, but I did it anyway. I plan on looking old and foolish as long as I feel like it. They can take their little sorority swagger and shut the front door.

So much for feeling normal and forty.

No comments:

Post a Comment