Friday, July 27, 2012

dog guilt...



I have it. I live with it all day long. Maybe it is her sad look or the pathetic (but sweet) crying when I walk by. I play tennis with her against my garage door every day even in this awful heat but we do it twice a day to alleviate my dog guilt. Maybe if I would leave her alone like most people do with their dogs, her expectations wouldn't be so high. But my dog, Maizie, expects a little too much. I'm completely in love with her and she knows it. I think Maizie thinks that I am here for her doggy-pleasure and the doggy-neediness is killing me. My computer is upstairs and she isn't allowed on the new carpet there so she sits at the bottom of the stairs and cries pathetically making me feel like I'm a bad dog-mommy.

My husband doesn't like dogs. I've always said that I don't trust people who don't like dogs - I mean, look at her face. Really? Clearly I am married for almost forty years to a man who doesn't like dogs... what does this say?

I guess it says that I have husband I don't trust and even more guilt because I refuse to give my dog away any time soon.





No comments:

Post a Comment