Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Supersize...

I'm tired of it. Weight is a huge struggle for me. Everywhere around me I am being pressured into eating things I don't want to eat. I ordered a fajita the other day and the waitress insisted that I get a double for a buck more. I told her no. She said, "but it is only a dollar..."  I said "no thank you." She said, "But, but.."

loudly: "No."

When you are a food whore like me it is impossible when people are in your face pushing you to eat things you don't want. My husband does this. To everyone. "Do you want more? Was it good; was it greasy, did you like it; was there too much cayenne?; c'mon eat some more... just a little more" are you kidding me? 

"No."

My husband talks about food all day, romances it, makes love to it, watches cooking shows, and then will be talking about my next meal before I finish the last one. He does not understand that this is freaking foreplay for me and I need to get away before I succumb to the seduction and beg for a damn cigarette after one of his fattening dinners. He was in heaven during my chemo because I was in bed and couldn't get away from him. Would I like a double BLT with extra mayo? No. Would I like a mocha shake with the marshmallow topping? No. Perhaps I would like some of my favorite chocolate DQ when he goes out to Lowes for a light bulb? No.

He brings the DQ anyway. It wouldn't be so bad if he ate ice cream, but he doesn't. I'm going to make an appointment with a Food Network attorney for a divorce.

Gahhhh.





No comments:

Post a Comment