Wednesday, September 12, 2012

chemo-sabby...

So, today I had the grands (all three) from around 2-6pm. I wasn't going to take the baby (2) but those little doe eyes looking at me were convincing as she put her shoes on herself saying, "me, come?"

I had no choice.

I wasn't sure what I was going to do with them but decided that one thing I know is... children, and sometimes seven of them happy is so much better than three of them bored. So, I proceeded to go across the street and rustle up even more children their age as well as one older (for the baby, of course).

genius.

I suggested that they go in the backyard and look for American Indian artifacts since Indiana had to have had Indians living here at one time or other. Right. Well okay... whatever. I never laughed so hard (to myself) at my lunacy. We have these huge trees behind our house so I told them there were many, many 'artifacts' there but they needed to look carefully. After two hours, they came up with feathers, firewood, old toys, ribbons and used candy wrappers. I came up with a halfway decent story for every single one and they bought it all - even the fourth grader. My favorite find was the 'fossil' cooking utensil, which was really part of a bike tire.

more genius.

As I giggled to myself watching their eagerness, my four year-old granddaughter said... "I'm not so sure I like those woods, Non. Those Indians might still be there watching us in the trees."

Hilarious, but all seven of them had a ball.


No comments:

Post a Comment