Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Feelings. Nothing more than feelings.



1. I can't drive by the road where I received chemo without a visceral reaction.
2. I had to throw away the pajama bottoms I wore during the experience. They haunted me.
3. In the middle of the night, I hear the furnace and it reminds me of the pain I was in.
4. Certain foods will never taste good again... and it is only in my mind. Memories linger.
5. Commercials on TV are ever-present. What are they thinking?
6. I don't read statistics. Please don't enlighten me with them (you know, the ones telling me I have 70% chance of survival. Are you just stupid?)
7. My hair so different. My skin isn't the same. My joints are stiff. Chemicals suck the big one.
8. My mouth is always dry. I feel like I'm on a desert.
9. I found out who my friends are, and most of my favorite ones, I've never met in person.
10. I adore my short silver hair. I deserve something out of this, don't you think?

Smooch!

No comments:

Post a Comment