Wednesday, December 7, 2011

$

Why do people brag about their money? If I had it, I would never brag about it because that makes no sense to me.

Do people brag because they are insecure or just insensitive? Let's face it, it is terribly impressive that they can do whatever they like, go wherever they want and indulge themselves in anything that Nordstroms has to offer... good for them. How enlightening! How stinkin' earth shattering.

Is it spiritually uplifting to have money? Does that automatically give them tenderness or a soft place to fall when they are lonely? Right. The ATM machine is such a warm and fuzzy place to confide your secrets. Does money give then their health or the ability to change the damn weather forecast? Better yet - does money ensure that God gives them a better life because (after all) owning more stuff makes them (uh) better?

I just had an argument with someone in my life who never fails to remind me of his ability to earn great amounts of dough and that he alone is the king of the almighty dollar bill - the buyer and hoarder of the expensive wine.

BS... I may puke.

I haven't had any money until right now, and the last thing I would do is to shove it up someone's butt that I have it and they don't. How crass. I once knew someone who gave my daughter extravagant gifts because he just wanted to do it. At the time, he was just like Jesus Christ and the fairy godfather all rolled up into one person. In times like these, when I have money and someone else doesn't, I MUST ask myself...

WWSD?



No comments:

Post a Comment