Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Kurt

I am spending most of the day reading my book out loud to the voice recorder on my phone. My friend, Kurt, is blind. Even though most people in this world aren't clamoring to buy my book on Amazon, my friends are curious. He has asked me several times when it will be out in audio version. To me, that is so sweet because this book isn't going to be marketed like so many, and that won't be the case. My mother-in-law says she keeps looking at the reviews in the paper even though I tell her, no... it won't be, but she looks anyway. I continue to like to look at my book on the shelf in the living room because it is enough. I have no expectations or illusions of grandeur beyond my bookshelf. I am as proud of the cover as I am what's inside but that is the artist in me.

After all, I am not a Kardashian, or Herman Cain's wife, or someone who murdered her parents in the dark of the night. I am a person who likes to write stories. If you can find the one thing you like to do, it doesn't matter if you make any money at at it - for the joy in doing it is enough.

So, today I will be recuperating in bed and recording my book with my sultry, sick Demi Moore voice. Not too bad for Emily, I think.


Sexy blind.

No comments:

Post a Comment