Monday, April 18, 2011

chemo today!

I have had the best five days. I think it is because physically I am doing a lot better on the juicing - even though it is a headache to clean that machine. I will be curious to see how well I feel this week since I have chemo today. I feel a little more anxious than normal knowing how sick the chemo makes me, but I guess that is to be expected.

I haven't been into writing so much so sorry if you are checking in and seeing nothing. The kids came home to celebrate my 60th early because the 27th will be a time when food won't taste so good. It was fun feeling better and seeing everyone - I am going to keep up the juicing - I can't believe how much better it makes me feel - and just one cupcake after the birthday dinner made me feel quite sick. Sugar is poison but much ore so in this circumstance. I like the idea of a raw diet but doing it completely is very hard if not impossible to do. I am 90% vegan but that is just a choice lately because meat does NOT appeal to me at all. I am not particularly impressed with the doctors here in Indiana who have not even suggested a nutritionist, and don't seem to care what I eat. To me, it is common sense to "up" my nutrition to build some good cells to fight the cancer. I have done the research and a raw food diet is the protocol for most cancer patients in more evolved cities around the world. I will eat as much raw food as I can, but with my Jewish mother husband, it isn't easy.

He has chicken soup defrosted for tonight.

It is almost 4am and I wish I could have slept through the night. Anxiety is killing the cat. Maybe an episode of Modern Family will do the trick. I will take the CDs to chemo - anxiety is lessened by laughter. Thank you to the Heyworths who seemed to know what I needed before I did.

xo

S

No comments:

Post a Comment