Sunday, April 10, 2011

whoa...

Well that was unexpected.

I can't imagine that chemo would have been a walk in the park but I wasn't expecting the crushing depression along with it. I have figured this 20 day chemo-cycle out: 10 days of hell and then 10 days of just feeling lousy. Not fun.

I did get some good advice from Brenda though, and watched five seasons of WEEDS. Maybe it was because it made my life feel normal? It took me away to a different land, and maybe that is (just) what Dr. Craig ordered. Today I woke up to birds chirping and realized that I only have 17 days before I am 60. This is certainly not what I anticipated. The kids want to do some kind of party, but I may pass. I hate the melodrama of NOT doing something, but being a part of a "party" at this point seems overwhelming. I had a wonderful surprise 59th, so let's just let it go. I don't feel 60 anyway.

I bet it I interviewed most people at 60 they would all feel the same way. You get to be an adult around 27 and you blink and BAM you are 60. Life is far to short for all this complaining. This week I am getting my paints out.

I'll let you know how it goes.

2 comments:

  1. Dear Sally,
    I am so happy to see you back on your blog.I know it takes a tremendous amout of energy.Do what you can day by day and try not to become overwhelmed with to-do's.
    Love always,Chris

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just dropping by to see how you are doing....you are an amazing lady. Love all the family pics. You are so loved;-)
    Love
    Marianne

    ReplyDelete