Monday, January 30, 2012

joy...

I think people with simpler, duller minds have more joy. I've experienced this from the time when I was a little girl. My mother was a brilliant woman and knew about things that could impress the Gods. She was well- educated, well-read, and had the mind of a steel rat. Also, she was complicated, angry, unhappy, depressed, chronically cruel and sick. She was petty and unfair. I didn't trust anything about her which made me insecure and teeter on the brink emotionally throughout the course of my life.

Nevertheless, this kind of upbringing gave me a great capacity to search for joy in the littlest things. To me, there is absolutely nothing more important in life than humor, or being a dreamer and a silly-heart. It gets me through shame and anxiety. Joy makes me patient and gives me perspective about the importance of moving away from negative people. I don't believe in the Devil, but if there is such a type, they exist here on Earth hobnobbing with their entourage of pessimistic humans who think they have wisdom.

Given the choice of being around a smart, mean person or a dull, joyful one... I will forever choose the latter. I take great pride in being a twiddler, a jabberbox and a silly-heart. We dull, joyful types are just downright happier.



No comments:

Post a Comment