Thursday, January 19, 2012

Seek it...

“Whatever truth we feel compelled to withhold, no matter how unthinkable it is to imagine ourselves telling it; not to is a way of spiritually holding our breath. You can only do it for so long.



I have offended people. I have walked away from family members and friends because of my truth. I do not strive to be popular, and I choose to be a loner by taking this path. I am authentically myself, and it has taken me years to hone this. It is who I am and what attracts me to others.

It is better to tell your truth quietly (and kindly) than explode inside from anger and regret. Strive at all cost to rise above the muck like Mother Theresa, but suppression of your truth is not the same thing and will eat you from the inside out like a monster on a mission. I've watched it from afar and experienced it from within.

Be honest to others, but mostly... be honest with yourself so your head doesn't blow off. It is much easier to be alone and be authentically who you are than keep lying and take the easier road to please other people.

Dig in, baby.





No comments:

Post a Comment